|Spring Atlantic salmon|
– April 15 – May 15th
Atlantic salmon that come up our river starting in early summer stay in the river system until the following spring. They spawn on the gravel beds in the fall and lose about 30 percent of their weight while in the fresh water. When the ice breaks up, which is usually mid April the Salmon begin their journey back to the sea.
Fishing for spring salmon is usually done from a boat, stopping to fish in stretches of the river where the fast moving spring current slows. We use all 14 foot aluminum boats with 10 -15 hp outboard motors. For equipment you could use a sturdy 9 foot rod, regular sinking line, ten pound test leader and your favorite streamer flies i.e. Golden Eagle, Mickey Finn, Renous River Special. Eight to ten fish per day is average with some exceptional days. It is not unusual to have a sore arm after a good day of Spring Salmon fishing.
Regular spring salmon fishing package includes:
- - Three nights accommodations in a modern lodge overlooking the beautiful Miramichi river
- - Three days of fishing
- - Three full-course home cooked meals per day
- - Night snacks and free soft beverages
- - Professional one on one guide service
- - Necessary CSA approved floatation devices
- - Fishing license
Summer & Fall Fishing Atlantic salmon
– June – October 15th
The fishing cycle continues. All spring salmon have left the fresh water and the ones that have spent their time at sea are returning. Salmon usually enter the river system in what is known as runs. The first run usually begins in June and is usually the largest run with adult salmon varying from 10 to 15 pounds. Followed next by a mixture of grilse (small salmon) 3-5 pounds accompanied by large salmon and finally a fall run, some of which enter smaller tributaries to spawn. If salmon runs are good during the summer, there is an abundance of fish in the streams during the fall.
Summer and fall fishing is usually done by wading and casting, using a floating line and smaller flies. If you fish a good productive pool, with the appropriate water conditions and a little expert advice from one of our professional guides, you can hook one of these wild leapers.
Summer / Fall fishing package includes:
- - Same as above, except for one extra night’s accommodation due to hours of fishing during summer and fall.
- - We guarantee you the opportunity to fish private fishing pools known to be productive. This means that no other persons are allowed to fish these pools during your stay with us.
- - Guiding service is three sportspersons to one professional fishing guide at this time of year. One-on-one guiding service available upon request.
- - Transportation to and from fishing pools is also included in this package.
Note: Most sportspersons prefer to use their own fishing equipment but if you are a first time client, or you have forgotten your equipment, all the necessary items will be available free of charge to enjoy a great fishing adventure.