|Spring Atlantic salmon 2022 April 15 May 15th|
Atlantic salmon that come up our river starting in early summer stay in the river system until the following spring. They spawn on the gravel beds in the fall and lose about 30 percent of their weight while in the fresh water. When the ice breaks up, which is usually mid April the Salmon begin their journey back to the sea.
Fishing for spring salmon is usually done from a boat, stopping to fish in stretches of the river where the fast moving spring current slows. We use all 14 foot aluminum boats with 10 -15 hp outboard motors. For equipment you could use a sturdy 9 foot rod, regular sinking line, ten pound test leader and your favorite streamer flies i.e. Golden Eagle, Mickey Finn, Renous River Special. Eight to ten fish per day is average with some exceptional days. It is not unusual to have a sore arm after a good day of Spring Salmon fishing.
Regular spring salmon fishing package includes:
- - Three nights accommodations in a modern lodge overlooking the beautiful Miramichi river
- - Three days of fishing
- - Three full-course home cooked meals per day
- - Night snacks and free soft beverages
- - Professional one on one guide service
- - Necessary CSA approved floatation devices
- - Fishing license
Summer & Fall Fishing Atlantic salmon
June October 15th 2022
The fishing cycle continues. All spring salmon have left the fresh water and the ones that have spent their time at sea are returning. Salmon usually enter the river system in what is known as runs. The first run usually begins in June and is usually the largest run with adult salmon varying from 10 to 15 pounds. Followed next by a mixture of grilse (small salmon) 3-5 pounds accompanied by large salmon and finally a fall run, some of which enter smaller tributaries to spawn. If salmon runs are good during the summer, there is an abundance of fish in the streams during the fall.
Summer and fall fishing is usually done by wading and casting, using a floating line and smaller flies. If you fish a good productive pool, with the appropriate water conditions and a little expert advice from one of our professional guides, you can hook one of these wild leapers.
Summer / Fall fishing package includes:
- - Same as above, except for one extra nights accommodation due to hours of fishing during summer and fall.
- - We guarantee you the opportunity to fish private fishing pools known to be productive. This means that no other persons are allowed to fish these pools during your stay with us.
- - Guiding service is three sportspersons to one professional fishing guide at this time of year. One-on-one guiding service available upon request.
- - Transportation to and from fishing pools is also included in this package.
Note: Most sportspersons prefer to use their own fishing equipment but if you are a first time client, or you have forgotten your equipment, all the necessary items will be available free of charge to enjoy a great fishing adventure.
|2022 Upland Bird Hunts|
- Woodcock September 15 to November 15th
- Ruffed Grouse October 1st to December 31st
The Miramichi area is well-known for its abundance of ruffed grouse and woodcock. The long winding Miramichi River along with tributaries such as the Cains and Renous provide excellent coverts for these sporty upland birds. The areas are frequented by much un-worked farmland, small brooks, and alder clusters. Our guides know the areas well and will ensure that you are satisfied with your hunting experience.
As a full day behind a hard-working dog can be exhausting, we will also give you the opportunity to combine your trip with an opportunity to fish for our excellent fall run of Atlantic salmon.
Upland bird package includes: (five days hunting) (three day packages also available)
Note: If you are a first time hunter we can e-mail or mail you a list of what to bring. Hunting license available at camp.
- - Seven nights accommodation in a comfortable lodge overlooking the beautiful Miramichi River
- - Hunting & fishing license
- - All meals and housekeeping services (five days)
- - Access to prime hunting areas and opportunity to fish private salmon fishing pools
- - Professional guides who provide transportation to and from hunting areas for you and your dog.
- - Salmon fishing (equipment) included with package
- - Use of our dogs if necessary.